Community. Mentorship. Activism.
The Ambassador Volunteer Community brings together like-minded people from around the globe with a common goal to inspire, educate, and activate communities on practical ways to improve the health and balance of our planet through the reduction of our individual trash and plastic footprint. We also explore what it means to live simple and community-centered lifestyles.
As an Ambassador you will be representing our nonprofit organization. We advise all those who are interested in applying to be mindful of this fact and apply only if you feel you'll be able to volunteer on a monthly basis and be able to represent our organization to the best of your ability.
Attention international Ambassador applicants. Our international Ambassadors are limited to contribution due to rules and regulations on volunteering outside the United States. Therefore, international Ambassadors may contribute through blog posts, help, with translations, and through specific social media interactions. International Ambassadors will not be able to start Be Zero Social Hours or Be Zero Community Cleanups due to legality.
Each Ambassador will share Be Zero's mission by focusing on one or all of these areas:
- Practical ways to reduce our waste and single-use plastic use.
- Curated living through resourcefulness, thrift, and self-discovered simplicity and minimalism.
- Global environmental effects of our waste - both industrial and individual.
Contribution + Schedule + Frequency
You'l be able to share your stories, challenges, creativity and put your knowledge and passion into action by engaging your community and even your friends and family in the Be Zero Circular Mindset. We give our Ambassadors the tools and resources to explore and share their personal eco-story and to educate others on creating less waste.
Here are three ways Ambassadors may contribute and stay active in the program:
- Write an informative or photo-centered blog post on one of the Ambassador focus areas above for our Be Zero blog
- Interview local community members on issues concerning waste and plastic pollution for our Be Zero blog
- Help facilitate a Be Zero Social Hour or Be Zero City Facebook page for your community (this requires a monthly and weekly time commitment)
- Ambassadors must adhere to our Ambassador Handbook for guidance and only engage in the public community outreach programs that we offer through the Ambassador Community.
Ambassadors are expected to contribute at least one hour per month, but can contribute more.
All hours must be logged in our Track It Forward volunteer hour tracking service.
EDUCATION + MENTORSHIP
Once an Ambassador has been selected, each will go through a mandatory 90 minute orientation that will cover:
- Be Zero's mission
- Brief history of waste
- Introduction to circular and linear economies
- Myths of recycling
- Plastic and plastic pollution
- The Circular Mindset
- Practical ways to dramatically reduce personal waste
Ambassadors have full access to Be Zero's expert team to engage further in the above topics and to ask questions that they may have along the way. Mentorship is available online via our exclusive Ambassador Facebook Page, one-on-one online video meetings and email.
Application submissions will close promptly on December 31, 2017
If you have questions about the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the online application form below.
- Write a 300 word minimum essay. Submit to email@example.com
Here are a few questions you can answer
when writing your essay:
• Why do you feel you would be a good addition to the Be Zero Ambassadors?
• How do you see yourself shifting your day to day habits as you move towards a more simple and zero waste lifestyle? How would you like to share that with others?
If selected, we'll be in contact with you to set up your orientation. The purpose of the orientation is to familiarize you with Be Zero's mission and with Ambassador conduct and contribution. The orientation is held online via Skype.